Sunday, June 22, 2008

The First Saturday of Summer 2008 Happenings - S3E26


It was a busy Saturday for June 21, 2008. As you see from the photo. I had a lion dance performance at Ottawa Dragon Boat Race Festival. We have been performing at the dragon boat race for several years and the festival has been around for 15 years. I had a privilege to participate at the dragon boat race a decade ago. There's a funny story back in 1998, it was a rainy day and I tried to find my teammates and probably by purpose, I started to tumbled down the hill and my sandals flew in the air. What happened? Someone caught and somehow lay on the ground for a group photo. Memories at the dragon boat race have been great and funny. What also feels great to performing at the festival (aside from the long wait to perform) is having Max Keeping introduce us. It is great to see the Ottawa Dragon Boat Race Festival continue to prosper year after year.
Check out the photos from the opening ceremonies from the dragon boat race. This time, the photos were used from the Canon EOS 30D.
Another performance we had was at the Crowne Plaza Hotel and was for the Canadian Olympics Gymnastics Team Gala. The significance is that it counts down to the Beijing Olympics in August. After the performance, I decided to check out a house concert and the performing act was Canadian indie rock band, Shapes and Sizes. Here are photos via my brother's Flickr link.
Last, but not least, this is my entry to finish off series 3 of my blog for the Summer break. I will be having a couple of Summer specials for the coming weeks and months. Series 4 will return sometime in the Fall.

1 comment:

shookyin said...

where are you Lenny ~~